C++ Gameplay programmer
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate C++ Gameplay Programmer to join our team. If you share our passion for RPGs, are a highly self-motivated person who require little supervision and want to be part of a small but very dedicated and experienced team, apply and join us!
- Work on all aspects of gameplay systems: designing, developing and support.
- Work closely together with the other departments to implement the needed game requirements.
- Work together with the UI designers on the in-game UIs.
- Write robust and maintainable code.
- Be an active participant in the design and production of the game.
- 3+ years Game Development experience.
- Thorough knowledge of C++(11, 14), algorithms and multithreading
- Shipped at least one PC/Console title.
- Excellent feeling for RPG systems and gameplay in general.
- Work well under pressure and can handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to think like a designer to create compelling and fun game play.
- Excellent communication skills in English and ability to work efficiently within a team.
- Open minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature
- Willing to take responsibility and be part of a highly collaborative team environment.
- Can easily adapt to changing needs and requirements
- Ability to prioritize, plan, organize work, manage their own time, and work within deadlines
- Passion for making and playing great RPGs.
- Experience with Flash and ActionScript 3 is a plus.
Logic Artists is currently looking for a competent and hardworking Combat Designer to work on combat design, game balance, and some content design for an undisclosed role-playing game project.
You must have some experience with game editors, ideally with the setting up of enemies and other gameplay. You should have a good working knowledge of statistics and metrics and a willingness to crunch numbers and graph your findings.
- Implement combat encounters and iterate on their difficulty.
- Work together with writers to design scenarios that fit into the narrative framework.
- Work closely together with the Creative Director to implement new combat features.
- Maintain and improve the stats that underpin the game.
- Write, update, and maintain design documentation.
- Analyse metrics and make informed and methodical changes based on them.
- 3+ years in a similar role (level scripter, quest designer, combat designer, etc.).
- Minimum 1 shipped PC or console title.
- Experience working with 3D level editors (eg. Unreal, CryEngine, or proprietary editors).
- Good communication skills and fluent or business level English – written and spoken.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple tasks.
- Willingness to take responsibility and be part of a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing needs and requirements.
- Ability to prioritise, plan, organise work, manage your own time, and meet deadlines.
- Able to follow direction and accept criticism.
- Thrive in an informal, creative environment of highly motivated people.
- Passion for computer games.
- Sense of humour.
- Experience with RPG system or combat design.
- Working knowledge of level design.
- Design experience from other fields.
- RPG aficionado (bonus points if you’ve played any of our games).
We offer you:
- A chance to work with passionate people in an international environment.
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks of paid vacation per year.
- An exciting chance to work on a popular and growing RPG franchise.
- A chance to have your voice heard, directly influence the game, and be more than just another cog in the big machine.
How to Apply:
Send a Cover Letter, CV/Resume and Portfolio (or link) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.
The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
About Logic Artists:
Logic Artists is an independent game development studio located in Copenhagen, Denmark.
We develop games for PC. Logic Artists was founded in 2011 by a group of Game Design students and with a successful Kickstarter campaign under our belt, we have published several games including the two titles in our leading franchise of tactical historical RPG’s; Expeditions: Conquistador & Expeditions: Viking.
We do accept applications for Internships but only in accordance with academic guidelines.
– Full-time, on site
– 4 to 6 month duration
– Must fulfill the academic requirements of the educational institution
Inquire at email@example.com for further details.
Vi har tidligere taget imod erhvervspraktikanter, men erfaringen viser desværre, at vi ikke har tid og overskud til at give praktikanterne den opmærksomhed, de har brug for og fortjener. Vi har derfor valgt at holde op med at tage erhvervspraktikanter, indtil vi opnår en størrelse, hvor vi kan have nogen til at tage sig af dem.